Monday, January 8, 2018

The first week of the new year

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - December 31st
So the new year is here and now to see if I can made a bit of progress on a bunch of the projects that I have on the go. I was able to find some evenings where I could curl up and stitch and I have some progress this week.

Mystery SAL - now this is a project that I am going to try and work on a bit at a time and see how it goes.  Sure it is a project that is going to be running for the entire year but I would like to make sure that I can get each monthly section done during the month.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - January 6th
The January section is a good size and I am going to see if I can at least get it done before the February section is posted at the end of the month.  I am happy with the three colours that we selected for this design.  I am looking forward to seeing how it all comes together over the year.  This month the section is 207 stitches wide by around 65 stitches so there is a lot of work on this piece but I will continue to work on it a bit at a time.

12 days of Christmas - January 1st
12 Days of Christmas - As these as small designs it means that they should be something that I can stitch quickly or at least I hope that they are quick.

12 days of Christmas - January 2nd
The original design was for all the designs to be basically red, green and a bit of black.  I decided that just doing those colours weren't going to work for me so I have started to add some metallic threads to each of the days.  I have now completed the first day and have 11 more to go.   I don't think I am going to be stitching them in order so now to see which ornament gets selected and stitched.  All the floss is now ready for each of the days so it is just a matter of sitting and working on each of them and seeing how they turn out.

Swan - December 31st
Swan - now this is the project that is on the top of my get finished list. I found some time to focus on this project this week and have now got a bigger section of the back swan done.  I don't have much more to stitch to reach the right hand side of the design so that is what I am going to try and focus on doing.

Swan - January 5th
This week I hope to be able to get some more time to work on swan and see if I can get to the right side of the design and then I will start working towards the left side of the design and then work down after that.


I hope to be able to spend some time this week working on a project and I am not sure which one will really get the attention.  A lot of my stitching is based on how much time I have to stitch as well as the mood I am in.  Work is busy with it being year end for us so that means besides the normal work I also have to finalize our books for another year.

Hope everyone has a good stitching week and will be able to see some good progress.


No comments: