Sunday, December 24, 2017

Some progress and a finish

Schlock with Gun - Dec 17th
This past week has been a little crazy with regards to work and crafting.  I have been trying to find some time to stitch because I figured it would be great to have a finish before Christmas.

Schlock with Gun - now this project was the first one that got the attention this week as I knew that with a bit of effort I would be able to get it finished.  I spent a bit of time working on it and am happy to say that it was finished by the middle of the week.

Schlock with Gun - Dec 19th
It didn't take me as long as I thought to get this piece finished and that's probably because I had stitched this piece before and knew it was a pattern that I had done and it was going to work out.  Now to see when I can get to working on another Schlock as I do have more of them designed and would love to have a bunch of them stitched soon.

I think now that I have Schlock with Gun finished I will pull out Schlock with Dice that I will be stitching for Howard Tayler.

Tiger Lily - Dec 13th
Tiger Lily - now this project finally got restarted on fabric that I hope will end up resulting in a square design and not something that wasn't going to be close to a square. 

Tiger Lily - Dec 21st
I decided that this piece was going to get one evening of stitching this week and am happy with the progress that I was able to get done.  It feels great seeing that I have already been able to get some of the actual flower started and will see how much more of this piece gets done over the next couple of weeks.

I have another project that has taken over as something that I want to get done quickly so will see what happens with some of these projects.

Swans - Dec 22nd
Swan - how this is the project that I would like to get done quickly so it has become the piece that I will try and focus on for a bit. I had started this on a piece of hand-dyed fabric but was finished it a challenge.  The fabric was really nice but I just wasn't enjoying that version so I picked some different fabric and the stitch has started to come along quickly.

I know that it doesn't look like much right now and that is fine because I was only able to spend one evening working on this piece so far so will see how things go.


As it is now the Christmas holidays for a lot of people I hope to be able to find a bit of time to stitch when we are not working.  Yes, Christmas is a time for some people to have time off work and then there are others that work as that is when the projects can be actually done.



No comments: