Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Projects moving forward

Quotes to Live By - part 9 - Sept 3
 This week I was able to work on a few projects and it does feel good seeing that I have been able to move some of them forward and actually have a finish on one of the projects.

Quotes to Live By -- this is the project that I have been working on for 8 months and was looking forward to Friday when the last section was released.  I decided that this weekend I was going to focus on this project so that I could see if I could get it finished.

Quotes to Live By - finished Sept 3
When I saw this last quote I figured it wouldn't take me too long to get it done if I could just focus on it and not get distracted on all the other projects that I wanted to work on.  Friday, I started working on the piece and Sunday evening I was able to take the project off of the q-snap and say it is finished.  The final size of the project is 18.5 inches x 13.75 inches so it is a rather large size project that is now finished.  I am happy that it is finished but also sad to see it over.

I am now going to work on some of the other projects that have been put aside while I worked on Quotes and will see what I can get accomplished over the next while.

Fluffy Meringue Shawl - Aug 27
Fluffy Meringue Shawl - I have been able to get a bit of time on this shawl and am happy with the progress on it.  I have now finished the first ball of yarn and am working on the second ball of yarn so will see how large this shawl ends up once I have finished using up the yarn that I have for it.  After I finished the first ball of yarn I realized that even with the second ball of yarn it might not be as large as I wanted so this weekend I was able to pick up two more balls of this yarn so will see how much of it I actually end up using.
Fluffy Meringue Shawl - Sept 4

I am now on the 12th spray and am going to see how many more even the second and third ball of yarn takes me.  I am not sure how large I really want this shawl but will figure that out as I go.  I know that the banquet is at the end of September so I have another 3 weeks to go to finish the shawl and think I should be able to get it to a size I am happy with by then.

Halloween Biscornu - Sept 4
Halloween Biscornu - this week I decided that I needed a couple of smaller projects to work on.  I have lots of large cross-stitch projects but nothing that is on the smaller size on the go.

I saw this pattern online in August and figured it would be something that I could work on quickly and  maybe get it done.  It is a Halloween Biscornu and I don't think it will take me long to get it done if I just sit and work on it for a few days.  Of course, because it is a biscornu there are two sides of the design so will finish this one up and then will still have the other side to do but I am thinking of these as two separate projects right now.

Sabbatical Beauty - Sept 4
Sabbatical Beauty - this is another one of the small projects that I decided that I needed to work on this week so it too got started. I figure this is something that I can pick up and work on and I should be able to get this one done quickly as well because it is only around 3 inches by 4 inches when it is finished so not large at all.

Sabbatical Beauty is using floss that I already had and fabric which I also had so that is nice. I am not sure the colour of the floss barbecue it was in an oops package that I purchased so none of the floss had colour labels.  I don't care about the colour name as it is over-dyed floss and I am enjoying working on this project.


The weekend is now over and I have some work that needs by attention so I will get that done and then I will see if I can find a little bit of time to either crochet or cross-stitch. I am looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish this week with my crafts.  I may not get as much done as I would like to achieve but even finding a bit of time each evening to do a few stitches is great.  My crafting is now I wrap up my day and din some ways it helps me solve some of the projects that I have been dealing with and it also helps relax me.







No comments: