Monday, August 28, 2017

Progress and a new project

Lady - August 16
This week I have been trying to focus on getting one cross stitch project moved forward as I wanted to see how much of it I could get done if I just focused on it instead of bouncing around on a couple of projects. I also knew that I wasn't going to have a lot of time to stitch so something where I could see some good progress would be great.

Lady - August 27
Lady -- this is the project that I decided to try and focus on to see if I could make some progress on it during this week.  I have to say that I was able to spend a couple of evenings working on this design and am happy with the progress.

I have started working on the face and hair and have also been able to get some good progress done on the cloak.  I was going to work on the face but then figured it would be great if I could spend a bit of time this weekend working on the cloak so that is what I did.  I still have quite a bit of stitching to do on the dress and the cloak but at least I can now see that I have been able to make a bit of progress on the area.

I am thinking that Lady may continue to be my focus on project until Friday when Quotes to Live By is released.  I have seen some good progress on this piece and now would like to see a bit this week.

Fluffy Meringue Shawl - August 27
Fluffy Meringue Shawl -- now this is a project that I started this week and am very happy with the progress that I have been able to make. Each of the sprays is four rows so it is a pretty simple pattern and I am loving how quickly it is working up.

I found this pattern on The Crochet Crowd and have seen a couple of pictures of the shawl finished so decided that I was going to get some yarn for it and make it for a dinner that I am going to be attending at the end of September. The pattern is called Fluffy Meringue Shawl and it is a quick project to work on. You do work on the shawl from the top down so yes the rows are getting longer as I go but with it being a simple pattern it is enjoyable to work on.  I have 8 sprays completed now and I am aiming to make it around 12 sprays long so will see how that goes and what it looks like once I get it to that size.


Besides working on these two projects I have been busy getting some of the other projects moved forward and also work has been keeping me busy.  This is the last week of the month so that means that I am going to be trying to get a few more things wrapped up before Thursday evening so will see how things go.  I hope to be able to get some stitching in on the final quote next weekend but will see how the rest of things go.

This last week I was lucky to meet someone that was also a crocheter and am looking forward to running into her again.  It is always nice to meet someone else that enjoys crafting.

No comments: