Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Not a productive week

Quotes to Live By - Part 8 - August 7
I have to admit that it has been one of those weeks when stitching just didn't happen.

I started Quotes to Live By on the 1st of the month and the progress on it was extremely slow this month. The border which is something that I can normally get done quickly took me longer than I figured it should and then I decided to start working on the main part of the design and that started to make me happy because I was starting to see some progress and that was only on the 6th of the month.

Quotes to Live By - August 6
Yesterday, I was able to find a little bit of time and I continued to work on the green section of the design and I got all of that finished.  Well, as you can see from the top picture the green section is missing and that is because
I stitched it with the wrong colour. Now the reason for stitching it in the wrong colour is quite simple.  I printed the pattern off in black and white and two of the symbols look the same.  The symbol for 352 and 993 are the same on the black and white pattern.  It is only when you see the colour copy of the pattern would you discover the problem or when you go to add the next colour and figure out they just don't go together.

So instead of being able to continue to work on the design last night I ended up taking out the entire green area. I was pretty frustrated because after not getting much time to stitch this week I thought I was going to be able to make some progress on this piece finally. 
The correct colour

I am not sure how much stitching I am going to be able to accomplish again this week as it is another busy week so will see how things go.

Besides not getting much time to stitch I didn't get the pictures taken that I wanted to do this last week.  I have a couple of projects that got moved forward and am happy with them.  Hopefully this week I will find some time to take some pictures of the projects and will show you what else I have been up to.

Hope everyone has a good week and I will see what I can accomplish this week.  Maybe Quotes will get some attention and maybe it won't.  I am not sure how things are going to go so will see what I actually end up stitching on.


No comments: