Monday, July 10, 2017

Two finishes in one week

Quotes to Live By - July 1
Here it is the first week of July and I have to say that I am happy with the progress that I have been able to make on a couple of projects. Having a long weekend last weekend did help a little bit because I did find a little bit of time to cross-stitch on Monday.
Quotes to Live By - July 7

Quotes to Live By - well I finally got motivated to work on this piece and it was something that worked up pretty quickly once I was able to start stitching on it.  I figured that getting this quote done also means that I am just two months away from having the entire piece completed which is making me very happy.

I am enjoying working on Quotes to Live By and yes it will be nice to see such a big piece finished but it will also be sad to see it finished as it has been so enjoyable to stitch.

Growf - June 30
Growf - as I said last week I really wanted to work on getting Growf finished this week and I am happy to say that finally last night I put the last few stitching in on him. It was a lot of fun working on this piece and now to see what project I pick up next.

Growf - finished - July 9

Growf - 2016 version
Growf - now here is a little bit about Growf.  It is a comic character that was by Phil Foglio. As it was a piece that looked interesting to try and stitch I decided to take this piece of art work and do a cross-stitch version of it. Yes it has been a lot of fun to stitch and I am now finished this version of it.   As you can see it is a big difference from the version that I did in 2016 and I am very happy with the new version.

Now Growf is the first piece finished for the Art Show in 2018 so now it is time to start working on the next piece and see how long it takes to get it finished.

Project envelopes - I am continuing to work on making some project envelopes but haven't sat down to take any pictures yet.  I have been trying to get some of the different versions of them finished before taking all the pictures.  I also have a couple of other projects on the go with regards to the organizing of my cross-stitch pieces so will show all of them at once.


Work is keeping me busy so now it is time to try and get some work done and then hopefully this evening I will be able to figure out the next project that will get my attention and make a bit of progress on it.

Our weather continues to be a roller coaster between hot and humid and then the rain.  We aren't having the heat like some places are having or the fire so I am thankful for that.  I am also thinking of everything that is dealing with the wildfires in British Columbia as I know someone that is living through this.



No comments: