Monday, May 8, 2017

Very little progress this week

Quotes to Live By - May 4th
Here it is the first week on the month and yes Quotes to Live By came out and I quickly purchased the pattern so that I could see how quickly that I could get the piece stitched.  Well, as you can see I haven't been able to get a lot of time to stitch this past week so didn't get a lot done.

I am going to try and work on Quotes to Live By this week as I would like to see a bit more progress on it but will have to see how things go. 

Tiger Lily - Now this is a project that I started last year and it got put aside for a while because I wanted to do all those other projects.  I decided that it is a project that I can work on a little bit at a time and have now put it into the bag where all my currently being worked on projects are.  Sure it doesn't get a lot of attention but even an hour or two ever couple of weeks is more than it has been getting.
Tiger Lily - April 14th
Tiger Lily - May 4th

I decided that I am now going to work down on the left hand side of the pattern to see if I can get it all joined.  I am not sure how long this is going to take me but at least I am slowly starting to make some progress on this design.


This week I hope to have one evening where I am going to be able to focus on some stitching as I haven't been able to do that for a while.  I also have a lot of other things that are going to be needing my attention this week so I know that I might not get a lot of stitching done again this week.  I think once this week is over that I should be able to get back to seeing some good progress on a few projects.

Over the weekend we were at a science fiction convention and it was the one that I had participated in the Art Show over the last couple of years.  Well, given everything (time, energy, interest) I didn't participate in the Art Show this year. I didn't think it was something that was important to do and then I find out that people were looking for my artwork.  It did make me feel good that people like what I do so now I am going to start thinking of what projects that I can do for next year.  I also think I am going to try for some smaller pieces to see if that helps me sell some of them.

The planning for the Art Show will have to wait for just a little while until I have the time and energy to do it but at least I have just over a year to get ready for the show and I won't be making the decision to participate at the last minute next year.

Well it is now time to get some work done that needs my attention as this is going to be a very busy week for us. I hope to get a little bit of time to stitch but will have to see how it goes.

No comments: