Monday, May 1, 2017

A week with some progress

Stitch - April 23
This week I didn't get as much stitching done as I wanted but at least I have been able to get a bit of progress on a couple of projects and that made me happy.

Stitch - Now this is a project that I figured wouldn't take me too long to finish and I was right about it.  The challenge with this piece was stitching it on black evenweave instead of a different colour piece of fabric.
Stitch - April 29

By Saturday I only needed to stitch the two T's and put the charms on so I turned on a hockey game and sat and finished up the piece.  Being able to work on it during the day light was good because it actually made it a little easier to see the holes in the fabric.

Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch A Long - March 31
Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch A Long - I finally got the focus back so that I could work on this piece and actually make a bit of progress on the February section of the pattern.  I was hoping to get more of this piece done in April but I just couldn't seem to find the time where I could spend sitting and focusing on this piece so it didn't get the amount of work done as I would have liked.
Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch A Long - April 20
Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch A Long - April 30

Over the month I know that I finished the January section of the piece and that was on the 12th and I figured that I would be able to get the February section done without a problem but it was amazing how much time each of those small motifs took to do. I finally finished the top part of February on Saturday of this week so now to see if I can make some faster progress on the other part of February. I have already seen that the second part of February seems to be going a little faster but will have to see how long it takes me to actually finish this part of the design.

Now as it is the beginning of the month, they have released the May part of this design as well so that means that I am really behind so I am going to continue to try and get caught up over the next little while.

Joyful World - June  - now this piece didn't see any stitching this week.  I am not sure why I didn't get this one finished in April but it does mean that I should get a finish early in May.
Joyful World - April 20
Quotes to Live By - I finished the fourth quote for this design in early April and have been waiting for the May quote to be posted.  I am really looking forward to working on this piece again so will see when I get the pattern and when I actually start working on it.


I don't think I will be getting a lot of stitching in during the first couple of weeks of May but I am going to see how it really goes.  If I can find a couple of evenings a week where I can spend a couple of hours I will be happy because it should then help me see some good progress on a at least one of the projects that I have on the go.


No comments: