Monday, March 20, 2017

Quotes and Joyful World

Quotes to Live By - March 12
This past week I decided that I was really going to try and focus on getting something finished.

Quotes to Live By - March 18
Quotes to Live By was the main project that I worked on this past week as I really wanted to get the second quote finished and I did that on Saturday.  Just seeing that I have been able to get this much of the design done is making me feel so much better.  I still have one more quote to stitch before I am caught up but at least now I am feeling a little better about the overall project.
Besides working on the actual quote I have been working on getting the border of the entire project done as well.  I figured that by the time I finish the next quote which is at the bottom of the design, I would like to have all of the border done as well.  
Quotes to Live By - March 18 - full piece
At the end of the month I will post a picture of where I started on the overall project at the beginning of this month and where I am at the end of the month.  As you can see the piece is rather large and I think it is going be measure around 15 x 19 inches when  it is completed.  I am actually loving the piece and look forward to seeing what the rest of the quotes are going to be.

I like this project as each quote is a little project itself and it isn't like working on a design that is as large as this but only seeing it finished when you complete the entire pattern. The third quote is the one for March so I am going to try and get it finished soon so that when the April quote is released I won't feel like I am so far behind.

Joyful World - May - March 12
After finishing the second quote I decided it was time to spend a little bit of time on Joyful World - May to see if I could make a bit of progress on that piece as well.

Joyful World is another stitch along but it was from last year so no matter what I am behind on this pattern but my goal is to always be finishing the month design before the actual month is on the calendar.

Joyful World - May - March 18
This project is another one that I will be taking a picture of at the end of the month so that you can see the sign of the overall piece.  It is 12 months and I am doing it on a layout of 3 x 4 months and I am enjoying the work on this piece as well.  I hope to have this project done before the end of the year because it would be nice to have it so that I can hang it up.  Once it is finished I am going to have to figure out how I am going to either frame it or finish it so that it can be hung up.

It feels so great being able to find the time most evening to stitch and see some progress on a piece.  This week I wasn't able to spend as much time stitching as I have some other weeks but I was able to stitch most evenings.

This week I hope to be able to work on Joyful World and maybe get May completed and then I will get back to Quotes to Live By and see how much of the third quote that I can get done.

Work now needs to be done so I am off to do that and then will see if there is time to stitch this evening.

No comments: