Monday, January 23, 2017

Stitiching time

Joyful World - February - Jan 9th
This past week I was pretty determined to see if I could spend some evenings doing some stitching.  Of course, I have two projects that have been getting a lot of attention this past little while so once again I decided to try and focus on them to see how much I could get done on each of them.

The first one that I worked on to see if I could get finished was Joyful World - February.  I didn't have much of the design completed before this week so I decided to try and focus on it to see if I could get it finished.  What is nice about this design is it is small and something that I can see results pretty quickly.  The design size is 73 x 99 stitches so not something that should take very long to do and I am finding that I can work on this design a bit at a time but see results.
Joyful World - February - Jan 21st

After spending a couple of nights on the design I was able to get it completed so now I am going to be starting March soon and see how long it takes me to complete it.  I am enjoying this design because with each month being small it means that I can see some results pretty quickly.  So, two months down, 10 more to go.  I hope to have this entire design done before the end of this year.  What I am trying to do is ensure that I have the month stitched before the month actually starts.  Now to see if I can continue doing that for the rest of the year.

Reflections of Canada - Jan 12th
Once I finished stitched Joyful World - February I turned my attention to Reflections of Canada to see how much of it I could also get completed this week. Having finished the first quarter of the design it also helped because I knew what I was stitching each time I started working on an area. 

Reflections of Canada got some attention this week and even this weekend I was able to find a bit of time to focus on it.  I am happy with the progress that I have been able to make on this design and look forward to seeing what it looks like again after next weekend.  I am going to continue to work on this design as this is the one that I am looking forward to getting completed quickly.
Reflections of Canada - Jan 22nd

I am happy that I have been able to find time in the evenings to do some stitching.  Some nights it may only be half an hour or so but at least it is a bit of time where I can focus on relaxing and actually stitching my mind back together.

These are the only two projects that I focused on this week and there was no knitting or crocheting completed.  It is sometimes nice to find something that you want to focus on and spend the time doing just that.  I have a few other projects that I would like to work on but I am thinking that I am going to try and keep my focus to only a couple of cross-stitch projects instead of bouncing all over.  I am finding that I am very happy to see the progress that I can make during one week when I can maintain the focus.

This week I hope to be able to find some more stitching time in the evenings and I will see which project or projects get the attention.  I know that Reflections of Canada will get some attention and I will see which other one gets attention.




No comments: