Monday, January 9, 2017

Another week

Reflections of Canada - Jan 1st
Here it is the first week of January and I was able to get a bit of stitching done.  I would have liked to get more done but work and a cold decided they needed my time and energy a little more.

I was able to find a bit of time to work on Reflections of Canada by Ink Circles and am loving this piece.  It is a lot of fun to work on considering all the little things that you end up stitching.
Reflections of Canada - Jan 8th

The design is some of the things that are Canadian so of course there is a hockey stick, beaver, parliament buildings, a moose, and there will be more designs that will appear as I work on the design. I hope to be able to get some more of this piece stitched this week as I would like to see it finished quickly.

Joyful World - February - Jan 4th
Besides working on Reflections of Canada I also got a little bit more work done on Joyful World.  I got the border almost completed for February.  It is great when you do a border and it matches up and you don't have to take any of it out. This is another piece that I am going to try and work on this week as I would like to get some of the actual design for February stitched up.  I love having this type of design on the go because each month is relatively small so it means that I see some results quickly and I actually get a finish which is something else that I like.

The other project that got my attention is past week was Ceclia Shawl as I was loving how it was turning out.  I was at around 88 stitches on the needle on Christmas day and by the time I was ready to cast off I had 220 stitches on the needle.  It was an easy project to work on because it was basic garter stitch with two increases at one end every second row.
Cecilia Shawl - Dec 25th

I have another shawl that I am going to make using Unforgettable yarn again and it is going to be another Ceclia Shawl but grey this time.  I am not going to start it just yet as I would like to see if I can get something that is already on the needles finished up first.  I know that by having too many projects started I start to feel like I am getting nothing done. 

Cecilia Shawl - Jan 6th
This is the first full work week of January so it means that there are going to be things that will come up that need my attention so that is what I am going to have to work on this week.  I do hope that most evenings I will be able to find a little bit of time to craft and I will see what I end up working on.

It is year end for our own business so that means that I have some accounting that needs my attention so I better go and get that finished up.



No comments: