Friday, January 13, 2017

A quick update

Reflections of Canada - January 8th
I don't normally post during the week but I figured I wanted to show how much stitching I have been able to accomplish so far this week.

My focus has been on Reflections of Canada as I am really enjoying this piece and am loving how it is turning out.  It is also fun because I know three other people who are working on this same piece.  I went to a stitch night on Wednesday evening and we were all working on the same piece which is different for this group.  Four out of about 18 people were stitching on Reflections of Canada.

Reflections of Canada - January 12th
What made this stitching time interesting is because the other two started the piece on January 1st, 2016 and I started mine on January 1st, 2017.   Of the four of us, I am almost the furthest completed the piece and that really amazed me.  I had figured at least two of them would have had a lot more done on the piece until I saw it when we started stitching Wednesday evening.

I hope to be able to find some more stitching time this weekend so that I can see how much more I can get done before Monday.  I have now completed a quarter of the design and look forward to seeing how quickly I can get the rest of it done.

I am also working on a post to explain some of the projects that I am going to be focusing on this year and what they mean to me so that will probably be posted at some point next week after my Monday update.  For now I have to get some work done and will see how much stitching I can do this weekend.  Have a great weekend.


No comments: