Monday, January 2, 2017

A good week of progress

Joyful World - January - Dec 24th
 This last week I was finally able to make a bit of progress on some projects and that made me very happy. I figured that considering a large number of companies where close between Christmas and New Years it meant that I might be able to spend a bit of time crafting.

Joyful World - January - Dec 31st
A few projects actually got some attention and I actually got one finished which made me very happy. Joyful World is a 12 month project and it was available through Facebook last year.  I downloaded all the patterns and decided that I was going to wait until they were all available before I decided if I was going to do the design or not.  Well, at the end of November I got the fabric which is 28 inches squares so that I could do the design.  I started January just before Christmas as I just wanted to see if I could at least have a start before the end of the year on it.  Well, besides having a start on January I was able to finish it on New Years Eve so that was great.  Now I just have 11 more months to go and each of them is 7 inches x 5 inches but they are fun to do.
Cirque des Circles - Dec 4th

Cirque des Circles got a little bit of attention one day as i wanted to see if I could at least get the first circle done.  Well, I didn't but got a little bit closer so now to see when I pick this piece up again and work on it. This piece is going to be put away for a little bit as I try and work on a couple of the other projects that I have on the go.
Cirque des Circles - Dec 29th

I also was able to knit on the Cecilia Shawl and it is coming along and I think I should be able to get it done in the next couple of weeks if I can sit and knit on it.  Of course, there are times when just sitting and knitting is great so I hope I can find some of that time to get this shawl finished up.

January 1st came and that meant that there was going to be a new cross-stitch start for me.  It is Canada's 150th birthday so I wanted to work on a Canadian design so I picked up Reflections of Canada and yes I got it started.
Reflections of Canada - Jan 1st

I actually started this design shortly after midnight and then worked on it a bit more during New Years Day.  I like how quickly it is coming to life so hope to be able to spend some more time on it and see how it goes.

Yes, last week as a nice week to spend crafting and I really enjoyed the time that I could find to craft.  I also did get some work done so that was a good week for me.  it is now a new year so that means that there are things that need to get finished up for 2016 so that is what I will be doing this week.

No comments: