Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Weekly update on hats and more

More hats in July
After writing the last blog about reaching 335 hats I tried to finish a few more hats before the end of the month and there is a picture of the remaining hats.  The final total for the period from September 1st through July 31st is 348 hats so I am happy with that total.

Over the weekend I was able to get a few rounds done on an afghan that I wanted to start.  This is how much stitching I was able to complete on Sunday afternoon while sitting chatting with some friends.

Cotton Candy Afghan
With all the heat and humidity I haven't been crafting like I normally do but hopefully soon I will be able to get back to stitching and enjoying getting some of my projects finished up.  I am really looking forward to being able to spend a bit of time cross-stitching soon as I would like to see what a couple of the projects that I am currently working will look like.

This week the weather is still suppose to be hot and humid so will have to figure out projects that work will when I am sitting outside in the evenings.  Of course, I know that the baby hats work well because they are nice and small so that will help.
Cotton Candy Afghan Yarn

Last Friday I was able to drop off a pile of baby afghans and the baby hats at the hospital.  It was wonderful being able to talk with the Manager of the Birthing Centre, as she was able to tell me what size hats work best so now I am really do better at helping them meet their needs.  I thought one size I was making was a little large and that is the size that the hospital likes the best so that is what I will be working on more often. The baby afghans can be various sizes so that is also nice as I will work on getting a few more of them finished up so that they are ready for the next drop off.

It is now time to get some work done and then I will see what the weather will allow me to work on.  At least I have projects of various sizes and complexity so depending on what I feel like doing I have something that fits that need.



No comments: