Monday, July 18, 2016

Hot weather and crafting

Granny square afghan
After all of the frustration at the beginning of the week I was able to get a bit of crafting done after that.

The baby afghan that I started has been put aside and thanks to my mom having some yarn that I liked, I have started another afghan.  This afghan is working up better than the green and white one did.  These yarns are the same weight and I am liking how the colours are looking right now. I hope to be able to work on this afghan for a while this week and maybe I can get it done before the end of the month.  Finishing this afghan before the end of the month will really depend on what else I get into.

I have continued to work on baby hats and am feeling very good with the pile of hats that are currently sitting waiting to have ends sewn in.  I am thinking that one evening this week I am going to sew all the ends in on the hats that I have finished and may feel better about them. I currently have 20 hats completed and would like to have 31 hats done before the end of the month.  The latest hat that I am working on is an orange baby hat so that the hospital can have some Halloween hats.  I am going to have to take a picture of the orange hat once it is finished. The orange hat is a little brighter than I thought it was going to be but I know that the hospital will appreciate them no matter what.

This week I hope to be able to get some more crafting done in the evenings but first I have some work that needs to get done.  The weather will also impact what I work on because when it is hot and humid out I am not in the mood to hold anything too large. 

No comments: