Monday, January 4, 2016

Final week of 2015 progress

Blackwork Knight - Dec 20th
Holidays are now over and it is time for everyone to get back to work.

I am writing that sentence as a lot of people are getting back to work today after being on holidays which is nice.  I know that we didn't get a lot of a break so my crafting is way down from where I would have liked it to be by today.

Blackwork Knight - Dec 31st
I was able to find one evening/afternoon to sit and work on the Blackwork Knight and was able to see some really good progress.  I like this project as with it being basically back-stitch it works up a lot quicker than having to do full cross-stitches.  What I am doing with this project is getting all the outline done and then I will fill in the areas that need the extra work done on them. Being able to see the basic outline done will be nice and I hope that I will be able to continue working on this during January.

Bluenose Dime - Jan 2nd
 As January 1st came around a bunch of us decided that we were going to start a project with a Canada theme.  Now, I was able to find a couple of projects that I wanted to do but didn't have the pattern so I looked at what I had and decided that I was going to do the Bluenose Dime by Lynne Nicoletti.  I had picked up this pattern while on vacation a few years ago so that is what I am now working on. A lot of the group started their project on January 1st but I didn't get around to starting until January 2nd and was able to find a bit of time to work on it.

2015 Ort container
With the new year rolling around it was time for me to clean out the container that I put all my floss ends in during the year. This is all the floss ends from all the various projects that I worked on in 2015.  It is interesting looking in the container and I can see some of the projects in layers and the one that I notice is Princess Sofia with all the light blues.  The container has been emptied now and while working on the Bluenose Dime I have started filling it up for 2016. 

I am happy that I was able to find a bit of time to craft over the last week and look forward to seeing how much crafting I can do in January.  With it being cold out it means that there is more time at home in the evenings and on weekends so hopefully I can find some crafting time.

The work week has now started so that means I have some work that needs to get done.  Hopefully this week I will be able to find some crafting time in the evenings.  Until next time I am off to do some work.





No comments: