Monday, January 18, 2016

A good crafting week

Bluenose Dime - Jan 9th
 This week I was able to find some time in the evenings to actually do the things that I love to do.

Cross-stitch was seen a little more than it has been which felt very good.  I decided that this past week I was really going to try and find some evenings to work on the projects that I wanted to make some progress on and that is what I did.

Bluenose Dime - Jan 11th
Bluenose Dime didn't seem at much time as I would have liked but at least I was able to make a little it of progress on it.  Maybe this week I will try and work on it and see what progress I can make on it.  I also needed to pick up some of the satin threads for this project and did that on Wednesday evening.

The project that did get a lot of my attention this week was the Blackwork Knight because I would really like to see it finished soon.  I only worked three evenings on this project and can see quite a it of progress on it. The part that I am working on is all the little details of the shadows and his shields.  These do take a bit longer to do as there are a lot more stitches in the areas. 

Blackwork Knight - Jan 7th
I am really hoping that this week I will be able to finish the Blackwork Knight and maybe even make a start on the Blackwork Princess that goes with this piece.  I am not sure if it will get started this week as I would like to spend some time working on getting a few of the other projects moved along as well.

Blackwork Knight - Jan 16th
Crocheting is something else that I found some time to do this week and the baby blanket that I started at the end of December got more work done on it.  I was able to finish this afghan this weekend so now to see if I start another one or finish one of the other afghans that I currently have on the go.

I decided that I was going to try and craft even an hour most evenings and will see how much crafting I can accomplish.  Of course there are going to be times when I can spend more time than that but that is going to be the minimum time I am aiming for.

Cool Blue Baby Afghan - Jan 16th
The cold weather also gives me a chance to curl up and craft a little more.  The cold weather means that we aren't going for walks in the evenings as much as we do in the summer and also we can't sit on the balcony in the winter so I am not watching the neighbourhood as much.

Tonight I am looking forward to spending some time crocheting on a baby afghan and will see how much of it I can accomplish.  Until then, I have work that needs to be done so that is what I will do today.


No comments: