Sunday, October 4, 2015

Butterfly

Butterfly - Oct 4th
This week I had another week where I didn't get a lot of stitching done that it was starting to really get to me.  I have been extremely busy with other things and just haven't found the time where I can sit and stitch.

Today I actually found a bit of time and the project that I picked up was my butterfly.  This version is one that I first put a few stitches in just after I found out that a friend of mine had passed away. Of course I didn't get much stitching done then and that was the end of August.  The piece just got put aside and I figured I would pick it up again when I was in the right mood.

I guess, today was the day for me to pick up this butterfly again and really work on it.  I had a little bit of the right wing started but that was it before today.  Now I see that I made some progress on it and I am happy that I did. This butterfly has a meaning behind it, because my friend was someone that I could talk to but I had never met in person.  We were friends through the internet and he was someone that I was very happy to get to know. This butterfly has started after hearing he had passed away from lung cancer.  For me he was finally free and wasn't going to suffer any longer. Today my stitching was done while watching the Blue Jays.

A butterfly to me is freedom and a new start.  I am going to work on this butterfly and know that my friend is looking down on me and watching as I put the stitches in.  I will especially work on this piece during Leaf games as that is one thing we always talked about.

A new week is just about to start for me and now I hope that I will be able to get back to stitching a little more.  My butterfly has given me wings again and maybe now I know why stitching has been so hard.  This butterfly needed some attention and it finally got it and now I can move forward.

I will always miss the talks I had with my friend but I know he is in a better place now.

It is now time for me to wrap up for the weekend but now I hope to get back to stitching a little more. This butterfly finally came out of hiding and maybe now I can as well.

No comments: