Monday, July 20, 2015

Progress on butterfly

Celtic butterfly - July 12th
The Celtic Butterfly is finally starting to look more like a butterfly than just a bunch of lines.

This past week I was able to find a bit of time to sit and stitch and now am seeing that it won't be much longer before the butterfly is completed.  I am loving how it looks and have already bought some floss and another piece of fabric to restitch the design.

This project has been my focus for the last couple of weeks and it will be until I finish it which I hope is at some point this week.  I have been enjoying working on this piece and look forward to seeing what it looks like once the final stitch is in it.  I have had to move the piece of fabric so I am not seeing the entire butterfly right now.
Celtic Butterfly - July 19th

Just seeing that I am getting close to finishing this piece if making me very happy.  I know that I have other projects on the go and I should put some effort into them before I even think about working on the next butterfly.

The next butterfly will be on a light grey piece of fabric and done with an overdyed silk.  Yes, this floss is overdyed but the next one has more contrast and that is what I am looking forward to seeing. 

This week once I finish my butterfly I am going to try and stitch on at least one other of the projects I have on the go before even really thinking of putting the grey fabric onto the q-snap.  Well, this is currently my plan but we will see what really happens once this butterfly is finished.

I am happy with how it is turning out and look forward to hearing other comments once it is finished.

Now it is time for me to get some work done so that I can enjoy some stitching time this evening.

No comments: