Monday, May 4, 2015

A finish and some progress

Schlock with gun - April 26th
This past week I was able to find some stitching time and am happy with the results that I was able to achieve.

Schlock with gun - finished May 1st
Schlock with gun is now completed as I was able to finish it on Friday evening.  I figured it wouldn't take me long to get it done but needed the time to just sit and work on it for a few hours.  I focused on getting this project done so that I could then start working on another project without the distraction of wanting to get this done finished. 

Of course once Schlock with gun was finished it didn't take me too long to pick up the next project that I was going to try and focus on for a little while.
Princess Sofia - April 23rd

For me the next project that I am going to try and focus on is Princess Sofia and what is what this past weekend was for me.  On Saturday I was able to get a couple of hours of stitching in and I started to see some good results on the piece.  Sunday was an entirely different day as I spent the afternoon sitting and stitching and saw some really good progress on the piece.  Of course after sitting yesterday all I wanted to do was continue stitching so that I could see how much more I could get done. 
Princess Sofia - May 3rd

The next time I pick up the needle to stitch I think I am going to see if there is a different colour close to where I have been stitching.  I spent the entire afternoon on Sunday working on one colour so I do need a little bit of break from that colour as I still have lots of it to go.

Princess Sofia is starting to come to life and that is making me very happy.  I know that there is still lots and lots of work ahead of me on this piece but it is nice to see a bit of progress on it.  I really hope the little girl that will be receiving this piece likes it.

This week I hope to be able to find some stitching time in the evenings.  Will see how much stitching time I will actually get in.

Time now to do the work that is sitting on my desk so that I can have the stitching time this evening.


No comments: