Friday, February 20, 2015

My escape spot

Using my new space
As I posted earlier this week I now have a spot where I can sit and craft when I want to and it is my spot.

Well, last night I actually got to try it out and all I can say is I love it.  It is nice and quiet and it is my own spot.  Of course, there are some things that are different about it but it feels so nice having this spot where if I want to craft I can and I also have a good stitching light to use while I am in this area.

Now a couple of the big differences that are here are: 1) I don't have the television as a distraction which is nice when I want to focus on crafting or writing and 2) I can't see what time it is.  I think not seeing the time is going to be one of the nicest things because instead of worrying about the time I can just worry about how much crafting or writing I am able to get accomplished. The one good thing about this area is I have a good stereo system in my office area so it means that I can listen to MP3's while I am crafting.

Just being able to leave my stitching in the spot feels so good because I don't have to clean up all the threads that I have been using and tuck them away each time I finish my work.  I know that part of having to clean it up all the time was because I was stitching sitting on the chesterfield instead of in a chair where I could leave the work beside it.  Now I have a spot where if I am going to be back working on a project even the next day I can just leave it sitting and it will be waiting for me to pick up and start working on it.

The area is really close to my desk so it means that when I need the break from my desk I can go over there.  Now to just make sure that I focus on getting the work done first and then go over to my relax spot after the work is done.  Maybe this will help me get the work done quicker because I see what I really want to be working on.



No comments: