Friday, November 21, 2014

Belted wrap and car seat blanket

Belted wrap - finished Nov 20th
I can actually say that I finished the belted wrap that I started in April 2014.  April 4th post

The best part of finishing the wrap now is that I can use it immediately as it has been pretty cold here in Toronto this week.  I think most of the time I am going to wear it without the belt but at least I have the belt to keep it on if I want to use it.

The wrap is nice and wide so it covers most of my arm when it is on and it also covers a lot of my back.  I have already started another version of this shawl but this time instead of using worsted weight yarn I am using lace weight yarn.
car seat blanket - started Nov 20th

Once I finished the belted wrap I discovered that I still had almost 3 - 100 gram balls of yarn so figured I wanted to use it up so looked around and discovered a pattern for a car seat blanket which didn't look too difficult.  The car seat needs to be around 19 inches before you do the final 6 rows and I think I knit 12 inches on this blanket last night.  I guess it won't be long before I have this finished and then will see what else I work on.


Work is still keeping me busy so now it's time to focus on it for a while and then I can hopefully spend part of my weekend crafting.

No comments: