Sunday, March 30, 2014

Another shawl started

Belted Wrap - Caron
 As you can guess by the name of this blog I have started another shawl for myself.  This shawl is basically one long piece with no shaping which is fine with me.

The thing I liked about the pattern was it was a wrap that I would wear and it had a belt to hold it in place.  Another bonus for someone who doesn't sit still and wanted something that would keep me a little warm when I am doing things. 

Belted Wrap - Belt
In my last blog I mentioned that I had to finish the black shawl before I could start this new one so yesterday I finished casting off the shawl and sewed the ends in quickly so that I could start this pattern.  Yesterday we actually went and I picked out this yarn which is really nice to work with.  The yarn is Waverly by Bernat and the colour is called "Beautiful Blue". 

The picture of the main wrap is what I did yesterday after getting home from running around and dinner.  The belted wrap - belt I did this morning before really getting moving and starting my day.  I wanted to see what the belt looked like and I also figured this way I would get the pattern into my head quickly.  The pattern is only four rows so when it's over 12 stitches it is fast to learn.

Today I have a couple of other things that I need to work on but I think I am also going to work on the belt so that I can see how long the wrap is going to be.  The belt and wrap are the same length so figure working on completing the belt will also give me a quick feeling of satisfaction that I got that much done.

I can't wait to see this wrap completed so I better go and get the other things completed so that I can spend some of my day knitting.

No comments: