Sunday, February 2, 2014

Weekend of stitching

Positive thinking - Jardin Prive
This weekend considering it was snowing out I decided that I was going to spend some of my weekend stitching and that is exactly what I did.

The piece that I started was based on a Norman Vincent Peale quote on positive thinking.

“The way to happiness: Keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry. Live simply, expect little, give much. Scatter sunshine, forget self, think of others. Try this for a week and you will be surprised.”

Norman Vincent Peale, The Power of Positive Thinking


The pattern was from Jardin Prive and it was a Stitch-along on her website.  It was done a while ago but I had just heard about it in January.  When I thought about doing this pattern I immediately decided that I wanted to do it and a few friends have also decided to do it.  The deal was we were going to start it on February 1st.

When I sat down yesterday to start the piece I decided that if I got to the end of the word happiness by the end of the weekend I was going to be happy.  Well I got to the end of your on Saturday and then today did the lady, hearts and the rest of the words that I have done. 

This piece is working up at a good speed which is nice because I think part of my challenge is if I don't see results quickly I get tired of the piece and I start something else.

This week I have quite a few things to do for work and for school so not sure how much I will get done but am already looking forward to spending some time next weekend on this piece.  I have put the needle down for tonight so will see when it gets picked up again and hopefully not to long from now.

No comments: