Monday, January 13, 2014

January 1st restart

January 1st start
As I previously wrote I started Cirque des Cercles on January 1st and thought that the thread that I picked would work.

Around the 6th of the month I discovered that the thread was a little too thick when working over one.  So, on January 8th I decided to take out all the stitching that I had previously completed and restart the project.

I have got a bit further now but forgot to take a picture of it.  I am happy with the new look of the project as I am using regular floss and 2 ply.  I should have really thought about the issue with the first floss when I couldn't thread my needle without a needle threader helping me.

This is  my 2014 project that I would like to complete by December 31st, 2014 so it means that I am going to have to work hard to meet this goal.  I have figured out how much I need to complete each month and all I can say is I must have been crazy picking this project for this year's goal.

So what did I learn from this cross-stitch. 
  • If you have to use a needle threader to thread your needle because the thread is thick, rethink the thread for the project. 
  • If you aren't happy with what a project is looking like, stop and rethink it.
  • If you can't put the needle into a spot more than once, your thread isn't going to work.

Of course a few friends have talked about doing a Stitch-a-long starting February 1st so I am thinking if I am going to do that as well.  At least that project isn't too big and also there is no deadline.  Do I do it or not, that is going to be a decision I need to make very soon.

Time to get back to work and see if I can have some crafting time tonight.


1 comment:

Heather said...

Those are some good rules for cross stitching. ;)

I had a piece of fabric just the right size for the SAL, so I'll be doing it. I just need to pull the threads.