Saturday, November 23, 2013

More jewellery

Two new bracelets
 This week I have been busy working on a few more bracelets.  Yes I am really enjoying making the various bracelets now that I have two pliers that really work well for me.

The first bracelet is like the other two that I made but this time I used some better jump rings as well as used both silver and gold rings.  When you see the bracelet in person sometimes you can see the silver but that depends on the lighting.

two new bracelets total length
The next bracelet I made was the alternate silver and gold double rings bracelet.  I know now of these bracelets are very difficult but I have been really enjoying trying the different ways I can use the jump rings.

Bracelet with twisted rings
After completing these two bracelets I just had to try just one more idea I had.  This bracelet was the bracelet with twisted rings.  I had seen some pictures  of the twisted rings but hadn't found instructions on how to do them so I figured it out myself.  The only bracelet that I actually followed instructions was my first bracelet with I have now made three like it.

Close up of twisted rings
Maybe it's time to look for a couple of books on chain maille jewellery so that I can actually follow some instructions on the next bracelets that I make. I have been having a lot of fun making the bracelets and I think I will make earrings to match the twisted rings bracelet. 

I have to say a big thank you to Silverlotus for encouraging me to give jewellery making a try.  The other thank you is to my own DH for putting up with me and having to look at each bracelet as I complete it.  He is also been someone that encouraged me to give jewellery making a try and let me know that if I had problems he was there to help.  Of course, he also comes up with different ideas for me to try so I think I am going to be busy for a while.


No comments: