Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sampler Progress

Sampler as of June 16th
Over the last few days I have been able to work a bit on the sampler that I started a couple of weeks ago.  I haven't been able to focus on it like I had hoped but at least I have been able to make a bit of progress on it.

As you can see I have started working on the motifs as I wanted to see what it was going to look like.  Yes I still have some of the border stitching to do but wanted to do something different for a little while.

I did do the final motif because I figured if I put the year on it, I then had to work on getting it finished this year.  I am hoping that it will be done way before December but at least now I have a goal for completing it.

The original sampler has the motifs in a different order but last Wednesday evening a friend of mine, Silverlotus and I decided that it would be fun to put them in a different order so with her help we put the remaining motifs in a random order.   I am not sure if I am going to stitch the motifs in numeric order and place them in the random spots or if I can going to stitch them in the order what we generated.  I will figure that out once I have some time to pick up the sampler and do a bit more stitching on it.

First two motifs added
So now I need to do some work and hopefully before the end of this coming weekend I will have a bit more done on this sampler.

Tuesday, June 11, 2013


Sampler - Kathrin Ellison
This past week I have been working on a sampler that has been sitting there as just fabric and floss.  This is a sampler based on a 15-sided biscornu that I stitched in 2011.  I have had the fabric for the sampler since then and last Monday I decided it was time to start working on it.

The outline was finished last Monday as I did spend some of my day working on it.  I had a few things that I needed to think through so being able to stitch for a few hours helped me do just that.

Sampler - Kathrin Ellison
Of course things have been busy for me so I wasn't able to get much more done until this weekend and I sat down and worked on doing a bit more of the sampler work.  I have to admit that I have been really enjoying this sampler so far and I want to get it done quickly.

I am hoping that over the next couple of weeks I will be able to get some of the actual motifs completed besides the one where I have the year and my initial.  I am still working on doing the border outline and have also been adding some beads.  If I can get the outline done soon I will feel a little better.  I think I might work on a couple of the motifs soon just for a break from the border.

Each of the squares has a different motif in it and they aren't large so once I get started on them it shouldn't take me long to see some results.

Well before I can work on the sampler again I need to get some work done so I am off to do just that.