Friday, March 29, 2013

Sock knitting continues

Two pair of socks completed
 I have been very busy lately with work but have found some time to sit and knit and I am seeing some really good results.

I am happy to say that over the last month I have finished 3 pair of socks and now have another two different socks on the go.  It has been a lot of fun working on the socks and seeing how quickly I can actually get one completed. 

The blue socks in the picture were completed after I found the second ball of yarn of that kind and sat down and worked on the second pair.

Sock on the go - Kroy Stretch Sock - Rocky Road Jacquard
The sock collection is now growing for me and I keep working on socks which is so different for me.  I am one of those that normally doesn't do anything for myself and lately I have only worked on socks instead of all the charity items I normally do.

Sock - Aloe Sock Yarn - Desert Sky
The Aloe Sock Yarn sock picture was taken just after dinner last night and I still had about 4 inches to knit on it.  The sock was completed this morning and I have now started the mate for that sock.  If things go well I should have at last another couple of pairs of socks before the end of this coming week.

No matter what anyone says to me now about knitting socks I can say it is something that I enjoy doing.  Ok, they are just tube socks but they are comfortable and I made them.

So time to get off the computer and see how much more I can knit on the Rocky Road Jacquard sock today.  If I am lucky I should be able to get that sock finished by tomorrow but I will see what else I work on.  I am taking today to work on things for myself so maybe some cross-stitch or knitting is on tap for today.

1 comment: