Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sock issue

Completed sock
 I have decided that I am going to work on some socks for a little while and see how many of them I can get completed. 

The good news is I was able to get the first start finished that I only have 5 inches done before the weekend.  The bad news this this sock is I currently cannot find the other ball of this yarn so the partner is going to be on hold until I find the yarn.

New sock started
So instead of dealing with the hunt for the ball of yarn I decided to do something about it and I started another pair of socks.  This sock is using Kroy Sock Yarn - Clay Colours and it is
Another new sock started
working up pretty quickly.  I figure it will at least mean I hopefully have some socks soon.  I am knitting tube socks and they are very comfortable as I already have one pair that I previously made.

Now I decided that just having one sock on my needles wasn't me so I started a second sock again with a different yarn.  This sock is using Kroy Socks - Cyan Stripes and again seeing the colour changes is great.

Now the two socks that I have started I do know where the yarn is to make the pair so that is the good thing about this.  Actually the Clay Colours I have 12 balls of that yarn so can get 6 pairs of socks from this yarn.  The Cyan Stripes yarn I have 6 balls so will get 3 pair of socks from this yarn.

No, I am not going to make all those socks at once but at least getting a couple of pair completed will make me very happy.  So now I need to finish up some work today and then I can sit and knit for a while.

Oh, I am using my 8" circular knitting needles and loving them.  As you can see I have at least 2 of these needles.  People are amazed that I can use circular needles that short but I have no problems with them and it means I can get socks that I made.

No comments: