Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Baby hats and such

Baby Hats
So what have I been up to lately?  The basket in this picture was used to collect a bunch of baby hats that I wanted to get made by the end of July.  I found out one thing, the basket wasn't big enough to hold all the hats that I had aimed to make between June and July.  Early yesterday I finally put the crochet hook away saying I wasn't going to make any more baby hats in the month of July.  The good news is I got more hats made than I expected and the final number was 80 hats instead of the goal of 60 days in two months.

Besides working on the baby hats I also had to work on a few more projects to ensure I didn't get bored.  Now I have a few projects ready to be finished and that is what I am going to be concentrating on over the next few days.  I have a baby afghan started, a child's hat, a pair of children's mittens and I think there is something else on the go.  See I now am going to work on trying to make a bigger dent in my yarn stash as I do want to be able to meet my 2012 goal of how much yarn I have used.  The thumb splint didn't help me get yarn used but now I am back to normal and happy with that.

I have been spending some time watching the Olympics and that has helped me work on the various projects that I have started.  Now I just need to work on getting the projects finished instead of starting more and more things.  Oh, yes the other thing I have started is a pair of tube socks.

So one more project to finish up today for work and then I am going to try and focus on my crafts until next Wednesday.  I figure I am taking a small break from work or at least as much as I can over the next few days.  A fresh start next week will mean that I will be able to focus better on the things that need my attention.

Time to finish up the one project and then turn off the computer and relax.

No comments: