Thursday, June 7, 2012

Back to some stitching

Tea Time - Kathrin Ellison
So you want to know what I have been up to lately.

Believe it or not I have been stitching but it still is slower than normal for me so I haven't been seeing a lot of progress each time I sit down and stitch.

The good news is I finished Tea Time and am very happy with how it looks.  The picture I took doesn't really do it justice as the colours are a lot nicer than they show in this picture.  I am so looking forward to doing another petit point soon but I also need to finish some of the cross stitch projects that I currently have on the go.

Now that Tea Time is finished I decided to pick up Someone Was Here and see if I can make some progress on it over the next little while.

Someone Was Here - David Ellison
The first picture of it is when I picked it up last Thursday and the second picture is after the weekend work that I did on it.

Someone Was Here - David Ellison
I am going to continue working on this cross stitch in between trying to get back to both knitting and crocheting.  The physio on the thumb is going pretty well and I am slowing getting back to normal. Now in two weeks I go and see if I can get rid of the splint.  I am really hoping that I can finally say good bye to the splint as it has been 10 weeks now of trying to deal with it.  The good thing right now is I can take it off at home and at work so I am getting back to normal a bit at a time.  The biggest step is going to be out in public without the splint on and that is the part that worries me the most.  I know that the thumb is feeling a lot better than it did.

Now to work on getting back to all the crafts that I love doing.  Step by step is what I am doing and will continue to do for the next while.

1 comment: