Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Weekend progress

Creating Yourself progress
So this was a long weekend here and I have to admit that I didn't stitch as much as I would have liked because of course other things needs to be done as well.  I did however sit down and cross-stitch for quite a while on Monday which did feel really good.  I made some good progress on the border and how want to finish the right side of the design before I work on the left side.  The reason for this is because I need to move the design on my q-snaps and figure instead of moving it back and forth I will finish the right side and then move it once to finish the border on the left side.  The other reasoning is I want to see what the butterflies are going to look like after I add the metallic thread and the beads.

I hope that I will be able to pick this up again tomorrow (Wednesday) evening as it is so relaxing and I am enjoying seeing it come alive.  Time will only tell what happens tomorrow as I have lots of other things that need my attention so those things need to come first as they are the things that help pay the bills and let me cross-stitch.

Making sure I do take a bit of time for myself each day is very important because stitching my mind back together is how I deal with the stresses of each day.  Now off the computer so I can stitch my mind back together for today.

No comments: