Saturday, January 22, 2011

Over coming an obstacle

Today with the support of a good friend and my husband I have decided to over come an emotional obstacle that I have been dealing with.  I am going to be blogging about this as I go along because I know a lot of people deal with emotional obstacles either put up by ourselves or by someone else.  This obstacle was put up by someone else and now I am going to be dealing with it my way.

A number of years ago I knit a sock only to be discouraged from making the mate to it or any more.  I have been fighting with this since and thanks to a comment from a good friend I have decided that I am going to attempt to knit a pair of socks.  Yes, me who knits, crochets and does needlework has not achieved a pair of hand-knit socks so here I go.

it's a start
Now I am going to get this pair of basic socks started within the next few days and am going to document what it's like to finally knit a pair of socks.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Good luck, Darlene! I'm sure you will do great. And I'm happy to help, if you need it.

Katherine said...

Congratulations, Darlene! Making a decision to overcome an obstacle is the first step. I'll check in regularly to follow your progress. I love the colourway you chose for your socks. And Kroy is a great sock yarn.
Katherine