Monday, June 7, 2010

Crafting and planning

Today was a lot of fun as I decided that it was time to work on sorting squares so that they could be made into lapghans. This project involved sorting the squares into size and colours and then figuring out a layout that would look ok.

I took the squares and spend them out on the floor as it meant I could then arrange them into possible lapghans easily without running out of room. The first lapghan didn't take too long to arrange but the next three took some time. I now have 5 lapghans ready to be crocheted together so hope to start getting them done soon.

I am still working on granny squares using part balls of yarn so hope to be able to work on getting more of them done soon.

My quick project is blankets that are 12"x16" and they don't take too long for me to do. These blankets are also something that I can carry with me so I have been trying to ensure that I normally have one with me at all times now.

I look around right now and see lots of yarn or squares and would like to continue working on getting my stash under control. I know this is going to be a long progress as I do have lots of yarn but am going to keep trying to make a dent in my stash a little bit at a time.

Time to get some sleep and then see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: