Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Yarn, yarn and more yarn

Yes I love buying yarn and this weekend was another one of those trips. I headed out to purchase one ball of yarn for a baby afghan and like usual ended up with more than that ball.

I have been looking for a ball of yarn for a while and of course I know think it has been discontinued as I cannot find it. So instead of leaving the store without anything I ended up picking up four balls of baby sports weight yarn for a couple of baby afghans. The nicest thing about this yarn is that it works up quickly so it shouldn't take me long to finish the afghans that I want to make. I have started one of the afghans so will see if I can have it finished by the end of next week.

Tonight I heard that one of the guys that we know just found out that his wife is expecting a little girl. I am now sitting here figuring out what colour afghan I should make for the two of them as I would like to give it to him before the end of August as the baby is due in November. I guess I should just look through all my yarn and see what I have a start an afghan otherwise I won't get it done.

Things are going along pretty good with my main project as well as I have been getting some items finished for the soldiers. I want to drop off another delivery to them in August so need to sit down and finish up a few of the items that I just need to sew together.

Now to just sit down and work on finishing all of these projects that I have started. I guess my project lt is going to grow a little bit if I start another baby afghan but that's OK.

Yes another project on the go and some projects are going to be left for a while as I work quickly on this new afghan. Off to workk on the afghan and hide from yet another thunder storm.

No comments: